Our church was founded in 1936 and was known at that time as Central Avenue Church of God. It was located in the Bunker Hill area of Oak Hill until 1981. The church moved to its new location at Hilltop with a sanctuary and school facilities completed on 10 acres of beautiful scenic property miraculously provided by God. The church then became known as Mountain View Church of God.
Since that time the church has been blessed with a new 400-seat sanctuary and additional school facilities, as well as a gymnasium. An additional 13.5 acres of property have been attained for future expansion.
Mountain View Church of God is a member of the Church of God with International Offices in Cleveland, Tennessee and is also a member of the National Association of Evangelicals and Pentecostal Fellowship of North America. The church supports international and state missions to fulfill the Great Commission of taking the gospel to the whole world. Special mission projects include building a church in Trinidad, support for the ministry to Israel and Nigeria.